Photographers who follow my blog know that I attended the Mike Colón Experience 4 day Intensive on Maui back in December. Many of you have since expressed interest in a review of my experience. As with anything I review, I want to make certain that you understand that I am a careful guard of my credibility. I only review that which I truly believe will bless the lives of my readers. That said, I am thrilled to give you a heads up as to what you might be missing if you don't hit up Mike's upcoming workshop in Southern California this May.
- Do you want to push your business to the next level?
- Do you want to learn to not only survive but actually thrive in an inconsistent and unpredictable economy?
- Do you want to learn to master your gear and be prepared for every possible scenario you'll be faced with at the weddings you shoot?
- Do you need to get back in touch with the artistic side of your photography?
2. You won't leave without being challenged both technically and artistically. A lot of us have become so complacent in our "process" and quite frankly that's just not OK. Our clients deserve the very best and likewise, we deserve to feel passionate, capable and connected to what we're doing. We've got to keep ourselves technically sharp and artistically passionate and Mike encourages, and even requires, both from his students.
3. The learning environment is superb. Mike is incredibly approachable. His remarkable knowledge coupled with his easy going personality make him a trusted educational resource for top photographers around the world.
4. In such an uncertain economy (and such a competative industry) you can't afford NOT to attend. When other businesses find themselves cutting back financially and in essence hibernating and weathering the storm, I have found that to be the time to push forward and really define yourself and your business. You can't get ahead without staying on the cutting edge. You will leave this workshop with knowledge that will help you jump beyond the competition. It's worth every dime and more.
5. The networking. From the first 10 minutes, you will feel like Mike's long lost bff. Because he is so loving and inclusive, you'll find that the entire group behaves in kind. You will leave with forever friends and business alliances you will be able to work with and lean on as you continue to build your business in the months and years to come.
6. The portfolio building. You'll leave with portfolio pieces that will literally make your heart sing. Enough said. (View my images from the workshop on Maui here, here, here and here).
For the sake of brevity, I'll just mention a few of Mike's gazillion accomplishments. He is a highly successful, high demand celebrity wedding photographer who specializes in celebrity portraiture and high profile weddings (celebrities who have commissioned him for their weddings are Usher, Timbaland and Kenny Wayne Shepard to name a few). Mike was named a "Nikon Legend Behind The Lens" and he is a spokesperson (and sits on advisory panels) for several of the photo industries top corporations including Apple Inc., Pictage Inc., Epson America Inc., Lexar Media Inc. Perhaps more impressive is the fact he still finds time for so much philanthropic work with NGO's such as Thirst Relief International and NILMDTS.
Most importantly Mike is a remarkable family man and friend. He is a wonderful husband to Julie and father to 2 of the coolest little boys on the planet (and has not 1 but 2 buns in the oven to boot). He is a man of integrity, faith and absolute joie de vivre! Richie and I are so grateful to know and love the Colóns!
I can't wait to see what you accomplish next!